Crown & Bridges Treatment
A crown (or cap) is a covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original size and shape. A crown protects and strengthens the tooth structure that cannot be restored with fillings.
Crowns in Noida Delhi can be made from different materials. They include a full porcelain crown (metal-free), the porcelain fused to metal crown, and the all-metal crown. The type of crown to be selected depends upon the aesthetics and the strength requirements of the teeth involved.
Reason For Crown
- Broken or fractured teeth.
- Cosmetic enhancement.
- Fractured and large fillings.
- Extensively damaged tooth due to caries.
- Discolored tooth.
- Root canal treated teeth, as the tooth becomes brittle and is more prone to fracture.
- When missing teeth are replaced with a bridge, the adjacent teeth require crowns in order to support the replacement teeth.
What is a Bridge?
A dental bridge is a fixed (non-removable) appliance and is an excellent way to replace missing teeth. Dental Bridges in Noida Delhi
Why is it advisable to replace the missing teeth?
The loss of a single tooth can have a major impact on the appearance and dental health. Our teeth support us to rely on each other. When one or more teeth are missing, the remaining teeth can drift out of position. This can lead to a change in the bite, loss of additional teeth, decay, and gum disease. Ultimately, our ability to chew may be affected.
What Types of Crowns Are Available?
Permanent crowns in Noida Delhi can be made from stainless steel, all-metal (such as gold or another alloy), porcelain-fused-to-metal, all resin, or all ceramic. Stainless steel crowns are prefabricated crowns that are used on permanent teeth primarily as a temporary measure.
- Metals- Metals used in crowns include gold, palladium, nickel, or chromium. Metal crowns rarely chip or break, last the longest in terms of wear down, and only require a small amount of tooth to be removed.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal- Porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns can be matched to the color of the teeth beside them. They have a more natural tooth color.
- All-resin- All-resin dental crowns are less expensive than other crown types. However, they wear down over time and are more likely to break than porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns.
- All-ceramic or all-porcelain- All-ceramic or all-porcelain dental crowns provide the best natural color match to any other crown type. They are also a good choice for people with mental allergies. However, they are not as strong as porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns.
- Pressed ceramic crowns- Pressed ceramic crowns have a hard inner core. They replace the metal liner that is used in the all-ceramic crown-making process. Pressed ceramic crowns are capped with porcelain, which provides the best natural color match.